« Leeches, stents, modern medicine, and lawsuits | Main | Is that a Glock under your robe, Judge, or are you just glad to see me? »

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Spitzer smile freezes as sharp-tongued Schumer slaps Rangel

If ever there were a photograph that deserves a caption contest, it's this one from a NYT story headlined "Spitzer Visits Capitol Hill With Long List." (The subhead should, I believe, say something about "naughty and nice" and "checking it twice.")

Spitzerschumer

The NYT's actual caption is much, much more boring than the photo: "Eliot Spitzer, New York's governor-elect, middle, met with Representative Charles Rangel, right, and Senator Charles Schumer, at a breakfast with the New York congressional delegation."

I'm sure you can do better. Comments are open.

Posted by Beldar at 03:25 PM in Humor, Politics (2006 & earlier) | Permalink

Other weblog posts, if any, whose authors have linked to Spitzer smile freezes as sharp-tongued Schumer slaps Rangel and sent a trackback ping are listed here:

Comments

(1) DRJ made the following comment | Dec 6, 2006 9:45:36 PM | Permalink

I don't have a caption but Spitzer and Schumer look like mirror images to me. Spitzer has on his gleeful angel face and Schumer - with his pointed tongue and nose - is a caricature of the devil. Or maybe it's the other way around.

(2) antimedia made the following comment | Dec 6, 2006 10:53:53 PM | Permalink

Hmmmm....I'm not sure....let me scrape a little more off and taste it again....

(3) Gayle Miller made the following comment | Dec 7, 2006 1:35:35 PM | Permalink

What's with the display of tongue? Inquiring minds want to know!

(4) DRJ made the following comment | Dec 8, 2006 12:45:04 PM | Permalink

"Schumer and Spitzer make an offer Rangel can't refuse."

(5) Kent G. Budge made the following comment | Dec 9, 2006 8:36:01 PM | Permalink

Never trust men whose smiles disfigure their faces.

(6) JMK made the following comment | Dec 13, 2006 10:23:03 AM | Permalink

New York's pasty politicos, with a gleam in the eyes and on their foreheads, taunt the House Rep. for having more hair on his cheeks than the two have on their heads.