« Beldar's tips on applying for judicial clerkships | Main | Senior pundit psychosis »

Sunday, June 26, 2005

How 'bout them Longhorns?

This is what the good folks of Austin will be seeing in the sky tonight:

The UT Tower, lit after an NCAA national championship

Wish I could be there to see it, but I feel good just knowing it will be there. Congratulations to the Texas Longhorn baseball team — 2005 National Champions!

Posted by Beldar at 05:28 PM in Sports | Permalink

Other weblog posts, if any, whose authors have linked to How 'bout them Longhorns? and sent a trackback ping are listed here:

Comments

(1) DRJ made the following comment | Jun 26, 2005 11:28:08 PM | Permalink

I wish I were there, too. Hook'em.

(2) mcg made the following comment | Jun 26, 2005 11:57:50 PM | Permalink

Will it still be lit on Wednesday evening? I'll be there :)

If not, I'll have to wait the 12-18 months until we've moved there, and hope they're still championship material by then!

Hook 'em Horns!

(3) Wallace-Midland Texas made the following comment | Jun 27, 2005 10:18:01 AM | Permalink

Congratulations indeed. But the only reason they are in the #1 spot is because Trinity University no longer plays Division I ball.

(4) Shawn made the following comment | Jun 28, 2005 4:13:14 PM | Permalink

As an undergrad at the University of Florida, I was disappointed to see our team be so thoroughly defeated. Congratulations, Longhorns.

(5) shawn made the following comment | Jun 28, 2005 4:16:00 PM | Permalink

I am a student at the University of Florida, and I was upset that we finally made it to a finals game, and were crushed. Congratulations to the Longhorns. Nice picture!
~Shawn

(6) El Jefe Maximo made the following comment | Jun 29, 2005 9:05:15 PM | Permalink

Ain't it grand ! Hook em !

(7) Jonathan Sadow made the following comment | Jul 2, 2005 3:45:38 AM | Permalink

The Longhorns win the College World Series in the same year that a Star Wars movie titled "Revenge of the Sith" is released. Coincidence?

(8) Claire made the following comment | Jul 12, 2005 11:24:39 AM | Permalink

Yeah! It was beautiful the first time I saw it, back in 1977, and it's still just as beautiful.

Those Aggies just will never understand...