« 9/3.0/20,801 | Main | No, Beldar hasn't been kidnapped by the wingnuts ... »

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Ma-ia-hii

Things you find on the internet can make you want to sing and dance. My dog now thinks I'm nuts, and so would anyone else watching me at the moment.

Hat-tip and good-natured curses to John Derbyshire (who in turn blamed Jonah Goldberg, but then provided a link for for the lyrics) on NRO's The Corner.

Posted by Beldar at 11:57 PM in Humor | Permalink

Other weblog posts, if any, whose authors have linked to Ma-ia-hii and sent a trackback ping are listed here:

» Ma-ia-hii from Philomathean

Tracked on Dec 29, 2004 1:43:46 PM

» Where is Beldar? from Flight Pundit

Tracked on Jan 12, 2005 11:22:43 PM

Comments

(1) Joan made the following comment | Dec 22, 2004 4:42:17 PM | Permalink

Darnit, Beldar! I saw all the links and goofiness at the Corner but managed to resist, but somehow your off-handed linkage sucked me in, and now I'll never get that song out of my head!

(2) Pigilito made the following comment | Dec 23, 2004 12:39:29 AM | Permalink

Consider yourself lucky to have only recently discovered this song. My eight year old daughter has had the CD for months (we live in Bern, Switzerland) and plays it fairly constantly.

It's hell.

(3) Steve L. made the following comment | Dec 23, 2004 9:25:37 AM | Permalink

Hee-lar-rious.

(4) fergus made the following comment | Dec 23, 2004 2:23:04 PM | Permalink

Ma-ia-hii back to you, friend. Now MY dog thinks I'M nuts, too. This is just in time to help celebrate a joyous new year, just the ticket. Thanks for a good laugh.

(5) SemiPundit made the following comment | Dec 23, 2004 10:25:08 PM | Permalink

Like a fool, I followed the link.

My two grandsons were here at the time watching TV and it caught their attention. Spongebob got dropped like a hot potato. They danced and lip-synced around the room until I couldn't take it any longer and pulled the plug. Now it's stuck in my head.

I'm thinking about suing you.

(6) Assistant Village Idiot made the following comment | Dec 24, 2004 10:11:07 AM | Permalink

Most pop songs are love-it-or-hate-it items. This one is both. It's vacuous, it's frothy, it's... sort of catchy, isn't it?

I have teenage sons from Romania who are proud that the song made it up the charts in Europe twice (once by Haiducii, once by O-Zone), but still don't like it that much.

(7) ed made the following comment | Dec 24, 2004 10:57:13 AM | Permalink

I think I'm emotionally scarred for life from this thing. :)

God help me my neices just discovered it.

(8) lyle made the following comment | Dec 24, 2004 6:04:33 PM | Permalink

I'm going to click on the link in a minute, and evidently ruin my life.

But first I want to express my thanks for your well-considered discussion of complex topics during this contentious year. Many times you were an island of sanity in the storm.

Thanks for that, and Merry Christmas, Beldar.

(9) CERDIP made the following comment | Dec 24, 2004 10:29:08 PM | Permalink

A Christmas present from Cerdipity!

and no, this one won't ruin your life :-)

(10) Janette made the following comment | Dec 24, 2004 11:04:44 PM | Permalink

I was just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and thank you for your site. I really enjoy reading what you have to say.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

(11) Michael made the following comment | Dec 29, 2004 2:59:22 PM | Permalink

ROTHLMAO
ROTHLMAO
ROTHLMAO
ROTHLMAO
Got me in trouble int he office. Darn it...
Great video.
My stoumach hurts..

(12) Dave made the following comment | Jan 1, 2005 9:57:10 AM | Permalink

Happy New TEar, too, Beldar!

(13) Chase made the following comment | Jan 2, 2005 6:11:00 PM | Permalink

Ha, good show

(14) V the K made the following comment | Jan 4, 2005 11:35:35 AM | Permalink

Beldar,

I just realized, you of all people, would appreciate this.

(15) PC made the following comment | Jan 12, 2005 5:50:58 PM | Permalink

For those of you anxiously awaiting some Beldar activity, check out this site from another attorney. He's done great work on Memogate:

(16) greg made the following comment | Jan 14, 2005 4:49:19 PM | Permalink

And now it's in Spanish.

(17) A.W. of Freespeech.com made the following comment | Jan 21, 2005 2:34:53 AM | Permalink

Beldar, come back!

Seriously, write again. read again and write again. i know there is a feeling of Mission accomplished now bush is reelected, but the fight, alas, will never be over.

(18) E.E. Lewis made the following comment | Jan 22, 2005 6:39:34 AM | Permalink

Beldar, Are you still among the living. If so please resume your writing. It has been over a month.

(19) Pierre made the following comment | Jan 23, 2005 6:47:08 PM | Permalink

Beldar thanks a bunch for all your terrific work and enjoy your time away from the blog. If you dont come back thanks for all those terrific posts that helped sink Kerry. You have done fine work and if you ever in Baton Rouge beers or wine on me.

To the others who demand that Beldar resume writing, please don't. He doesnt owe anyone anything as he has given so much already.

Pierre