« Dubya at the diner | Main | Beldar on Noonan on Rather »

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Price of passivity

Alas. My employer is pleased that I've been a more diligent lawyer since the election, but no doubt due to my less frequent posting since then, BeldarBlog's rank in TTLB's blogospheric ecosystem has slipped to "Marauding Marsupial" from "Large Mammal." I'm de-evolving! But there are clients with needs to be met, and Beldar has bills to pay and Christmas presents to buy for the little Coneheads — even if as a blogger I'm on my way back to an insignificant microbe.

Thanks to those of you who continue to drop by to encourage my longwinded ramblings!

Posted by Beldar at 02:18 PM in Weblogs | Permalink

Other weblog posts, if any, whose authors have linked to Price of passivity and sent a trackback ping are listed here:

Comments

(1) The Owner's Manual made the following comment | Nov 28, 2004 3:28:22 PM | Permalink

Gee, Beldar, I'm sad to hear you've slipped to marsupial. But since my linking to you has gone unreciprocated these months, I don't feel THAT sad. Heh.

(2) Robert made the following comment | Nov 28, 2004 5:54:48 PM | Permalink

Please continue. I've followed you especially regarding the "Swift Boat's for Truth" campaign.

Has anyone every challenged your challenge that any of their major contentions about J.F. Kerry's 4 month military career was less than what he attested it was? That I am interested about.

But please keep it up. [We need trail lawyers on our side too...] --Robert

(3) AH made the following comment | Nov 28, 2004 8:31:50 PM | Permalink

I've spent a lot of time in law offices, and wondered how you managed so much for so long. Just give us 15 or so minutes a day to kick off a topic, then maybe we can take up some slack.

Thanks for the election inspection! It helped.

(4) Amy Ridenour made the following comment | Nov 28, 2004 9:47:57 PM | Permalink

You'll always be a "Higher Being" to me, Beldar.

(5) Sydney T made the following comment | Nov 29, 2004 7:08:30 AM | Permalink

Take your time. You certainly have earned my loyalty.

(6) Dave Schuler made the following comment | Nov 29, 2004 8:44:56 AM | Permalink

I wouldn't worry, Beldar. My blog, The Glittering Eye, has slipped from Marauding Marsupial to Adorable Little Rodent in the last few days and I don't believe I have any more or less traffic or any more or less links than I ever have. I think it's more due to something goofy with the Ecosystem than your de-evolving.

(7) George made the following comment | Nov 29, 2004 12:56:27 PM | Permalink

We are DEVO. D-E-V-O!

(8) Dave Schuler made the following comment | Nov 29, 2004 6:14:21 PM | Permalink

As I said above, Beldar, it's not you, it's The Ecosystem.

(9) Maxim made the following comment | Nov 30, 2004 1:53:26 AM | Permalink

Yes, but a 500-pound marauding marsupial. In any case, supporting the little coneheads has to come first. We'll continue to appreciate whatever blogging you have time to do.

(10) Trish made the following comment | Nov 30, 2004 3:09:25 PM | Permalink

Hi,

Please keep it up. We won and I stopped listening to Rush and yes I started paying more attention to making money. No harm in that !SMILE!

We have many more issues to discuss and much more fun to have. I love what you and your other blog friends have accomplished and am extremely greatful for this new addition to out systems of checks and balances.

Make lots of money. Buy wonderful gifts for those whom you love. And then come back and let us know how you see what's going on around us.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!

Sincerely
Trish
An American living in Germany who is trying her hardest to get her message out through the Anti-American European press.

(11) Jeremy made the following comment | Nov 30, 2004 9:30:54 PM | Permalink

Beldar...it appears I've fallen down the evolutionary ladder as well...waaaaaay down it. From mammal to rodent I think. Or some such. TTLB is having trouble...but you already knew that from Dave.

(12) Kent made the following comment | Nov 30, 2004 10:51:40 PM | Permalink

Speaking as a slimy mollusc: Welcome back to the primordial ooze. ;)

Seriously, though, I much enjoy the humanity of your blog. Post as often as you priorities permit. We'll still be here.

(13) Will made the following comment | Dec 1, 2004 6:02:18 AM | Permalink

And here I thought my sudden conversion from Adorable Little Rodent to Large Mammal was from too much Thanksgiving Turkey. Hopefully the Ecosystem will be back to normal soon.

(14) OhMike made the following comment | Dec 1, 2004 1:30:44 PM | Permalink

Beldar,

I'm still waiting for Kerry to sue O'Neill for defamation. I saw some Kerry defenders SWEARING that O'Neill would be sued. Well? I'm waiting.

Tick tock, tick tock. Tempus fugit.

(15) steve sturm made the following comment | Dec 1, 2004 4:23:55 PM | Permalink

Beldar:

You've been off the posts for three days already - plenty of time for you to run up about, say, 71 1/2 hours of billable time.

It's time to get back to what is really important...

(16) Chap made the following comment | Dec 1, 2004 8:12:25 PM | Permalink

Thanks for explaining why my lowly site went from Primordial Ooze to Last Week's Leftover Turkey...