« Burkett blames CBS News, Dubya, and the blogosphere | Main | NYT bungles description of Kerry's 1970 Paris meeting, and publishes a Brinkley gaffe »

Friday, September 24, 2004

Needs a snarky caption

This is one of the Senator's better recent photos, but still definitely snark-worthy.

Per Reuters:  "Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry visits with children at the Angel Sprouts Academy daycare center in Orlando, Florida, September 22, 2004." But we can do better than that caption, can't we?

Posted by Beldar at 01:16 AM in Humor, Politics (2006 & earlier) | Permalink

Other weblog posts, if any, whose authors have linked to Needs a snarky caption and sent a trackback ping are listed here:

Comments

(1) Dan made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 1:27:40 AM | Permalink

Wow, Theresa, come look at this. There really ARE black people in America.

(2) Terry Magrath made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 1:45:58 AM | Permalink

“Senator Kerry, Please sign a form 180”.

(3) Pigilito made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 1:48:31 AM | Permalink

You have three magic hats? I only have one. Here, let me show it to you.

(4) Fresh Air made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 1:51:21 AM | Permalink

Ooohh! You're one of those colored children I've heard so much about.

(5) Ben Zeen (a pseudonym) made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 1:58:41 AM | Permalink

AP - Kerry consults with one of the uneducated minority voters the Bush campaign is shamefully trying to disenfranchise.

or

KERRY: "If you get your parents to vote for me, I can assure you that the monsters won't get you. But if Bush wins, I wouldn't be so sure."

or

KID: "One, two three, four. That's how many states you are going to carry in November."

(6) Ben Zeen (a pseudonym) made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 2:01:14 AM | Permalink

Oh, and:

KID: "How many positions have you had on Iraq? I tried to figure it out, but I can't count that high!"

(7) Joe made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 2:04:55 AM | Permalink

"Now listen to me closely, Senator - this is the _minimum_ of times CBS should have checked those memos before running them!"

(8) PC made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 2:14:56 AM | Permalink

Mommy, Mommy, it's that scary man from TV.

Kerry: Shut up kid, I'm searing, searing right now

(9) Mr. K made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 4:23:17 AM | Permalink

Four more years, dumbass!

(10) stayout made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 5:59:54 AM | Permalink

Teresa, come here: One of the Haitian hurricane victims actually has some clothes on!

(11) Rob Crocker made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 6:10:31 AM | Permalink

"Now remember, when you fill out your voter registration card you say you're HOW old?"

Sen. Kerry joins the DNC's latest "Get out the vote" drive.

(12) perfectsense made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 6:10:49 AM | Permalink

Kerry: "Let me teach you how to count.
One Purple Heart.
Two Purple Hearts.
Three Purple Hearts."

(13) BumperStickerist made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 7:07:47 AM | Permalink

See, I can make a 'W'
with my fingers.

(14) Dan S made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 7:09:00 AM | Permalink

4 months, sucka! No two years!

(15) observer made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 7:40:15 AM | Permalink

"1, 2, 3, FOUR MORE YEARS, Bolshevik pinhead."

(I was beat to the punch by Mr. K, but couldn't hold back.)

(16) SeeBS made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 8:17:08 AM | Permalink

KERRY: "Those racist Republicans want to take away affirmative action. You can't be successful without me."

(17) JATZ made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 8:48:16 AM | Permalink

" WHAT YOU TALKIN' 'BOUT, WILLIS?"

(18) Mr. K made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 8:52:15 AM | Permalink

You got 3 seconds to get outta my face, and take your Herman Munster,Waffle-boy, Hanoi-lovin, flip-floppin ass back to Massatoosits!

(19) Mr. K made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 8:54:25 AM | Permalink

and how about:

Fo' mo', mo'fo!!

(20) Just Don made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 9:31:11 AM | Permalink

Those mean Republicans stopped your mommy from voting how many times?

(21) Strawboss made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 9:36:46 AM | Permalink

When I'm the president your teachers will be able to teach you to count to ten by using both hands!

(22) jamesbray made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 9:41:35 AM | Permalink

Just back from a summer vacation at Gramma's farm, little Mark practices hynotizing a chicken.

(23) Larry made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 9:47:00 AM | Permalink

"...you don't have a daddy anymore, and your mommy has $3 billion dollars?"

(24) Greg F made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 10:19:33 AM | Permalink

"My daddy says your out of your tree and he wood Rather have a bush."

(25) tim made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 10:43:29 AM | Permalink

Kerry, sparing with Republican opponents, in preparation for upcoming presidential debates.

(26) Desperado made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 11:14:35 AM | Permalink

KERRY: So your three. You know if reelected that mean Mr.Bush will draft you, send you to Iraq and you'll have to leave your mommy and daddy.

(27) PC made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 12:01:46 PM | Permalink

KID: Why do you have to report when you take a doodie?

(28) skokorat made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 12:14:59 PM | Permalink

Senator, that is the fourth position you've taken on education in the last five minutes!

(29) Beto Ochoa made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 12:51:56 PM | Permalink

Kerry, "Do you know who I am!?"

(30) Carol Herman made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 1:20:41 PM | Permalink

"Look at dat. A black kid. And, his fingers aren't webbed."

(31) ubu made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 1:32:34 PM | Permalink

"Yes, that's how many months I spent in Vietnam. Did I mention I served in Vietnam?"

(32) Steven Jens made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 3:30:48 PM | Permalink

"Talk to the hand, Senator."

(33) Dan S made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 3:51:38 PM | Permalink

4 + 4 = 4

Four months and four memos equals four more years.

(34) Tongue Boy made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 4:05:20 PM | Permalink

"That's right, little colored boy. Germany and France and Belgium add up to three countries."

"That scawy man made me go 1+2."

"Oh, you're three? Well, if you vote for me, I'll make three the voting age."

(35) Harkonnendog made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 4:56:05 PM | Permalink

Talk to the hand, 'cause the elbow's comin'!

(36) Stan baker made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 5:30:17 PM | Permalink

Kerry: Noooo child left behind is a baaaad baaaad thing, but by the way, I'm rootin' for you kid.

(37) Dinsmore made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 5:46:42 PM | Permalink

Hey, kid! Wanna see my pet goat?

(38) RonAA made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 6:02:02 PM | Permalink

"That's right, three boo boos and they let you out of kindergarten early."

(39) Straud made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 6:52:25 PM | Permalink

"OOOO-oooo-OOOO AA-aaa-aaa."

(40) edward made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 7:21:02 PM | Permalink

LOL, sorry, now I need to go change my shorts. These captions are funnier tahn sKerry himself.

(41) J_Crater made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 7:40:13 PM | Permalink

On the Florida ballot ..
1 .. Bush
2 .. Nader
3 ..

(42) Deb made the following comment | Sep 24, 2004 7:54:27 PM | Permalink

Little James instructed John Kerry politely, but firmly about covering his face when coughing...

(43) Swede made the following comment | Sep 25, 2004 9:05:10 AM | Permalink

Four Little Debbies'!!! You little pirate, you only charged me three for that memo job, and let's be honest, that wasn't some of your best work.

(44) Scott made the following comment | Sep 25, 2004 12:57:24 PM | Permalink

Hmmm...I see. You're giving me just 3 seconds to get outta your classroom? Why, you little snot-nose punk!! My running-mate can beat your butt any day of the week...and TWICE on Sunday! John!!! Over here!

(45) Barry made the following comment | Sep 25, 2004 9:02:44 PM | Permalink

Dialog:
(J.K.)Hi I’m John Kerry, do you know that I’m a war hero, I have a plan to end terror, eliminate minority discrimination, and an education plan?

(Kid) That is nice, however my parents are Republicans and believe in “President Bush's Agenda for Building a Safer, Stronger and Better America, A National Security Strategy that Meets the Challenges of Our Time, and No Child Left Behind”

(J.K)Ok you wise ass Republican 4 year old kid, if your so smart, in the last minute, count how many times with your wittle fingers how many times I told a bold face lie.

(JK – reaction)“Whaaaa.. you little no good punk Ni&&#* ! Don’t you realize I’m for, ending discrimination, fighting terror, and a better plan for the children?!

(Kid) “see my left hand? go away before I slap you”

(46) D Carter made the following comment | Sep 25, 2004 9:30:35 PM | Permalink

Oh, you wamt me to guess which finger is for me?

(47) Ric Locke made the following comment | Sep 26, 2004 2:47:56 PM | Permalink

Would you like to hear a story? I have a book about a pet goat...

(48) LuckyStiff63 made the following comment | Oct 1, 2004 4:48:24 PM | Permalink

"What's that? Pick Two?... Hey Moe! Whoob Whoob Whoob!"